While artificial intelligence has been around in some form for decades, it is last year’s launch of ChatGPT that has really defined the current furore about how machines can transform businesses. Here is a guide to how to get the most out of this free service to improve your operations
ChatGPT is incredibly straightforward, using a simple Google-style query box, into which users input their queries. It’s an intuitive system, that will give meaningful answers to questions and commands. However, to help ChatGPT provide you with the best possible results, there are some basic rules to follow.
1. Make your instructions specific
- Add details. For example, ‘summarise these meeting notes’ could become ‘summarise these meeting notes in a single page, with key speakers and actions highlighted’.
- Specify tone. Ask for your information to be provided in a particular way, such as formal, lighthearted.
- Using delimiters, like inverted commas, will indicate that certain parts need to be treated differently.
- Provide examples. This can work well if you want the system to provide a particular style of response.
- Specify length. You can indicate the number of sentences, paragraphs, bullet points, etc.
2. Give reference texts
- You can ask ChatGPT to source an answer from the text you give to it.
- It can use a text to give a general answer and reference the source text to make citations.
3. Split complex tasks into simpler smaller tasks
- To summarise longer texts – such as books, for example – break them into smaller parts.
4. Give ChatGPT ‘time to think’
- For more complex problems, ask ChatGPT specifically to take more time to evaluate different solutions before giving an answer.
- Ask ChatGPT a second and third time, asking if it missed anything the first time around.
5. Use external tools
- Third-party sources of information can be embedded in your queries for high-quality answers.
6. Test changes
- Ways to do this include asking ChatGPT to benchmark its answers to gold standard/textbook answers that already exist, and to adjust its responses in the light of these.
How can I use ChatGPT to improve the services my moving and relocation business offers? (A response, from ChatGPT)
This is ChatGPT’s (edited) response to the question above.
Using ChatGPT can greatly enhance customer satisfaction, streamline operations, and increase efficiency:
- Customer support and queries: Integrate a chatbot powered by ChatGPT on your website to provide real-time assistance to customers.
- Personalised moving plans: Offer detailed personalised moving plans to customers by having them input their requirements and preferences. ChatGPT can generate detailed moving plans that include packing guidelines, suggested moving dates, and tailored services.
- Virtual consultations: Provide virtual consultations through video calls. The chatbot can provide estimates, discuss logistics, and answer questions.
- Inventory management: Use ChatGPT to help customers create detailed inventory lists of their belongings.
- Cost estimates and quotes: ChatGPT can generate accurate cost estimates and quotes based on the information provided by customers.
- Scheduling and reminders: Assist customers in scheduling their moving dates and send automated reminders as the date approaches. ChatGPT can help manage the logistics of the move.
- Address change notifications: Provide customers with a checklist for changing addresses and updating subscriptions.
- Post-move feedback and surveys: After the move is complete, use ChatGPT