Disclaimer of Endorsement
Reference herein to any specific commercial products, process, or service by trade name, trademark, manufacturer, or otherwise, does not necessarily constitute or imply its endorsement, recommendation, or favoring by FIDI. The views and opinions of authors expressed herein do not necessarily state or reflect those of FIDI, and shall not be used for advertising or product endorsement purposes.
The appearance of external hyperlinks does not constitute endorsement by FIDI of the linked web sites, or the information, products or services contained therein. For other than authorized activities, FIDI does not exercise any editorial control over the information you may find at these locations. All links are provided with the intent of meeting the mission of FIDI.
Disclaimer of Liability
With respect to documents available from this server, neither FIDI nor any of its employees, makes any warranty, express or implied, including the warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose, or assumes any legal liability or responsibility for the accuracy, completeness, or usefulness of any information, apparatus, product, or process disclosed, or represents that its use would not infringe privately owned rights.
Information from this server resides on a computer system funded by FIDI. The use of this system may be monitored for computer security purposes. Any unauthorized access to this system is prohibited.
Reference from this Web page or from any of the information services sponsored by FIDI to any non-governmental entity, product, service or information does not constitute an endorsement or recommendation by FIDI or any of its employees. We are not responsible for the content of any “off-site” web pages referenced from this server.
Who are we?
Our organization, FIDI is an international non-profit federation of international movers. The federation is comprised of over 600 affiliates and aims to ensure the highest possible quality standards pertaining to finance, management and operations amongst its members. We use a number of consultants and agencies that may, in the course of their duties, have limited access to personal information we hold.
What Personal Information Do We Collect?
- Information You Provide. We receive and store information you enter. For example, when you search for or buy a product or service, or when you supply information such as your address or phone number. We use the information that you provide for such purposes as responding to your requests, enhancing our services, improving our website, and communicating with you.
- Other Information: Every computer has an IP (Internet Protocol) address. IP addresses of computers used to visit this site are noted. In addition, we automatically collect other information such as browser types, operating systems, and the URL addresses of sites clicked to and from this site.
- Information Submitted via the FIDI Forum: Any pictures and/or information submitted via the FIDI Forum, unless otherwise stated or restricted by a prior, explicit copyright becomes FIDI property. FIDI reserves the right to use any submitted pictures for promotional purposes without prior notification of the pictures subjects. Should you object to FIDIs public use of the information and/or pictures you have submitted, please voice this to FIDI either in your post or by e-mailing to email@example.com.
How Do We Use Your Information?
- Special Offers. We may send you special offers from time to time, unless you choose to “opt-out” of receiving such offers by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org. In addition, we may also send you special offers from other companies. Again, you may “opt-out”. If we send you offers from other businesses, we do not share your personal information with them. The offers come directly through us.
- Improvement of Services. We will use information gathered to improve FIDI services.
- Benchmarking and Statistical Purposes. Information gathered before and during FAIM compliance procedures may be used for benchmarking and statistical purposes. The privacy of your company will, however, remain.
- Law Enforcement. If we receive a lawful court order to release account or other personal information then we will comply with the law.
How Do We Protect the Security of Your Information?
- We work to protect the security of your information during transmission by using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) software, which encrypts information you input. SSL certificates are delivered by a third party, who will perform some company existence control and domain name ownership verification. This results in a better authentication of our website.
- We use non reversible encryption to protect your password. Password renewals are processed by e-mail, using a temporary and encrypted renewal key.
- We use a firewall to protect against unlawful intrusion.
- We limit access to your information on a “need to know” basis.
- Whole Credit card transactions are and will be made via Ogone – our payments company. They ensure the security of the file and data.
- It is important for you to protect against unauthorized access to your password and to your computer. Be sure to sign off when finished using any secured application on a shared computer.
- No system can guarantee absolute security, just as the finest lock can not guarantee physical security. However, we take every reasonable precaution to assure that your data is secure and urge you to do the same.
Although FIDI reserves the right to communicate openly with its affiliates, it is your choice to receive FIDI newsletters. At any moment you may unsubscribe from a newsletter mailing list by e-mailing us at email@example.com.